Our fundraising efforts focus on raising funds to support the Meal Subsidy Program. Among the 1,500 seniors we serve annually, 95% are low income and unable to pay the partial or total cost of meal assistance. Government meal subsidies, that help to cover the portion of the cost of meals that seniors cannot afford, have remained stagnant. For this reason, we must subsidize the cost of each meal we prepare at the rate of $1.00 per meal for a total cost of $500,000.
In addition to meal subsidies, your contribution is needed and appreciated to help support the purchase of new food service equipment used in the preparation of meals and to maintain and improve the Meals on Wheels facility.
You can designate your gift to support any of the following:
- The Meal Subsidy Program -- to help cover the portion of the cost of meals that seniors cannot afford.
- Meal Assistance Fund -- to help cover the cost of meal for low income seniors who are not eligible for government meal subsidies, but demonstrate financial need.
- FoodLine Program -- to support the cost of operating a grocery shopping service for seniors who cannot shop, but still can prepare meals themselves.
- Compassionate Care Fund -- to help seniors who are unable to afford the cost of fans during the summer or experience loss of hot water, heat or some other emergency.
- Endowments -- to help build the endowment through future gifts such as will provisions, beneficiary designations and outright gifts.
- Annual Appeal - to support the Meal Subsidiy Program
- Brown Bag Appeal - to support the cost of cold meals for seniors
- Blizzard Box Appeal -- to cover the cost of "emergency" meals for seniors in the event of inclement weather where our volunteers are unable to deliver meals.
Special Events and Progams:
- Highmark Walk For a Healthy Community -- Meals on Wheels is one of the many organizations participating in this event held each year in June. Funds that we raise go directly to support The Meal Subsidy Program.
- The Gala -- a bi-annual event, hosted by Meals on Wheels of Northampton County, to support the Meal Assistance Fund.
- Adopt-a-Route Program -- Businesses and faith communities are invited to sponsor a meal delivery route for a period of time with their gift helping The Meal Subsidy Program.
If You Would Like to Donate a Gift to Meals on Wheels on-line, please send your gift to:
Meals On Wheels of Northampton County
4240 Fritch Drive
Bethlehem, PA 18020