In 2010, after completing a rigorous application and site review process by Meals On Wheels America, we were awarded “Exemplary Status” Magnet Accreditation for our outstanding senior nutrition program.
Meals On Wheels of Northampton County provides a sense of home through the delivery of healthy, convenient nutrition services – and warm smiles.
Whether it’s delivering individual meals to homes or providing group dining services, we serve a diverse clientele, including:
- Homebound, disabled individuals
- Active seniors seeking healthy, prepared meals
- People recovering from surgery or illness
- Senior centers
- Adult and child day care services
There are no age requirements to receive services from Meals On Wheels of Northampton County.
- Who is Eligible for Meals On Wheels? – If you are homebound and unable to prepare a meal for yourself, contact our Case Manager who will then visit you to determine your eligibility.
- How Do I Sign Up? – Simply call Meals On Wheels at 610-691-1030 and a Case Manager will visit you in your home to discuss your meal options or fill out our on-line form HERE:
- How Much Does it Cost? – The cost of meals varies, depending on your financial circumstances. There are a variety of funding sources available to those in need. On average, most of our customers pay between $15 and $30 per week for one hot meal a day, Monday through Friday. Financial Assistance is available to eligible clients who need assistance.
- What are My Options? – Customers may choose one hot lunch and one cold dinner daily or one hot lunch Monday through Friday. We also have “Chef’s Pack” ,assorted soups during the winter months, and frozen weekend meals available.
- What are the Meals Like? – With a staff of 3 chefs who have over 50 years of combined culinary experience, we have a wide variety of low-fat, low-sodium heart-healthy meals.
As one of our clients recently told us, “Every meal I received was fantastic. Keep up the good work!”