Our fundraising efforts focus on raising funds to support the Meal Subsidy Program. Among the 1,400 seniors we serve annually, 90% are low income and unable to pay the partial or total cost of meal assistance. Government meal subsidies, that help to cover the portion of the cost of meals that seniors cannot afford, have remained stagnant. For this reason, we must subsidize the cost of each meal we prepare at the rate of $1.19 per meal for a total cost of $560,000. In addition to meal subsidies, your contribution is needed and appreciated to help support the purchase of new food service equipment used in the preparation of meals and to maintain and improve the Meals on Wheels facility. Gift Designations: You can designate your gift to support any of the following:
- The Meal Subsidy Program — to help cover the costs of providing 470,000 meals each year.
- Meal Assistance Fund — to assist low income seniors to pay their portion of a meal due to financial hardship.
- Grocery Shopping Services — to support the cost of operating a grocery shopping service for seniors who cannot shop, but still can prepare meals themselves.
- Compassionate Care Fund — to help seniors who are unable to afford the cost of fans during the summer or experience loss of hot water, heat or some other emergency.
- Meals On Wheels Endowment Fund – to help build the endowment fund to ensure the availability of financial resources we need to meet challenges in the years ahead. We welcome future gifts such as will provisions, beneficiary designations and outright gifts.
- Spring Appeal – to support the Meal Subsidy Program
- Annual Appeal – to support the Meal Subsidy Program
- Blizzard Bag Appeal – to cover the cost of ” Blizzard Bag” meals for seniors in the event of inclement weather where our volunteers are unable to deliver meals.
Special Events and Programs:
- Highmark Walk For a Healthy Community – Meals On Wheels is one of the many organizations participating in this event held each year in June. Funds that we raise go directly to support The Meal Subsidy Program.
- “Its A Shindig” Gala – a biennial event, hosted by Meals On Wheels of Northampton County, to support the Meal Assistance Fund.
- “Eat A Wing For Charity” Contest – an annual event hosted by The Chamber of Commerce of the Greater Lehigh Valley and sponsored by Through The Looking Glass Design and Lehigh Pizza. All proceeds help to support The Meal Subsidy Program.
- Adopt-a-Route Program – Businesses and faith communities are invited to sponsor a meal delivery route for a period of time with their gift helping The Meal Subsidy Program. All sponsors are recognized with a magnet on our volunteers cars showing the community that you support this route.
- iGive.com - During the holiday season, send a gift that means an automatic donation to Meals On Wheels of Northampton County! When you shop at any of over 1,000 participating online stores through iGive, a portion of each purchase comes back to Meals On Wheels in the form of a donation check. IGive Holiday Flyer
If You Would Like to Donate a Gift to Meals On Wheels on-line go to https://www.justgive.org/ , or please send your gift to:
Meals On Wheels of Northampton County
4240 Fritch Drive
Bethlehem, PA 18020