In 2010, after completing a rigorous application and site review process by Meals On Wheels America, we were awarded “Exemplary Status” Magnet Accreditation for our outstanding senior nutrition program.
Meals On Wheels of Northampton County provides a sense of home through the delivery of healthy, convenient nutrition services – and warm smiles. Whether it’s delivering individual meals to homes or providing group dining services we serve a diverse clientele. The services that we offer are:
- Home-Delivered hot, cold or frozen meals – for homebound seniors and individuals with disabilities including those that are recuperating from hospital stays.
- Chef’s Pack Program – a choice of 17 frozen entrees and 2 soups which can be ordered by our clients, people recuperating from hospital stays, and older active adults who just want to eat healthier.
- Group Dining Services – catered congregate meals for adult day centers, senior centers, child care centers and other Meals On Wheels programs.
- Ani-Meals – distribution of donated pet food for our home-delivered meal client’s cats, dogs, birds and fish.
- Grocery Shopping – shopping for and delivering groceries to homebound seniors and individuals with disabilities that are unable to shop for themselves.
There are no age requirements to receive services from Meals On Wheels of Northampton County.